CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
What is a CEC?
A Continuing Education Credit (CEC) is one contact hour or 50 minutes of education programming or instruction (breaks and meals excluded). All CECs required for the renewal period must be earned the previous year. CECs submitted for your credential renewal may date back no more than 12-months before your credential renewal date. Continuing education credits are needed for all NAAEI credentials that require annual renewal and are required to maintain AIME Membership. This includes CAM, CALP, CAPS, CAS and AIME.
How Many CECs do I Need?***
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) - 8 CECs annually-with at least 5 from In-Network Sources
- Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) - 5 CECs annually-with at least 3 from In-Network Sources
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) - 8 CECs annually-with at least 5 from In-Network Sources
- Certified Apartment Supervisor (CAS) - 5 CECs annually-with at least 3 from In-Network Sources
- Apartment Industry Maintenance Excellence (AIME) - 5 CECs annually-with at least 3 from In-Network Sources
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) – 5 CECs annually-with at least 3 from In-Network Sources
***Individuals who hold multiple NAAEI credentials may use the same CECs for renewal of all credentials and AIME.
Examples of IN/OUT Network Sources
|Any courses offered by PAA||
Courses from housing organizations
Courses approved by State Real Estate Boards
|Apatmentalize or other NAA conference sessions||
NAAEI approved courses from NAA Alliance
|Participating in apt industry legislative events||
Serving on boards/committees related to industry
|Instructing NAA/NAAEI boards/committees||
Instructing PAA courses with compensation
|Instruction NAA/NAAEI coures without compensation||
Writing articles published in industry publications