Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) SU2023-HBG-Full Course
In-person TBD (Harrisburg and the surrounding areas)
Calling All Regional Property Managers and Property Managers in the Harrisburg Area!
Your Fast Track to Career Advancement!
Earning your Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) credential takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential.
You'll learn about:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 6 months of declaring candidacy
6/27/2023 Client Services and Stakeholder Relations
6/27/2023 Investment Management
6/28/2023 Improving Asset Performance
6/28/2023 Asset Evaluation and Preservation
6/29/2023 Talent Development
6/29/2023 Contemporary Issues in Multifamily Housing
Thank you for taking the time to review the Pennsylvania Apartment Association’s education course catalog for 2023. It should be noted that classes may be subject to the following: move in physical location, incur a date or time change, change in instructors, potentially cancel due to a low attendance, or any combination thereof. Every effort will be made by the Pennsylvania Apartment Association's staff to alert you of any necessary changes in a timely fashion. Your flexibility and understanding of these potential changes is appreciated.